Giving Back to the Community
The 2010 Tornado that ripped through the heart of Alabama affected many of the field employees working for AHR. Homes were destroyed and lives were changed forever! AHR took an active role in many rebuilding projects that went on around the state. Some employees of AHR donated their entire monthly salaries to assist in the rebuilding of houses in the Tuscaloosa area. We also embarked on a marketing campaign that involved the donation of 2000 scrubs to this area with the marketing slogan "Celebrate Life" and the company logo. This campaign raised thousands of dollars for the area and commenced our mission to be "Different to Make a Difference".
More Wellness Statistics: 84 and rising!
- We also celebrate life in the way we encourage our office, physician and nursing field staff to live their everyday lives. When we refer to 84 and rising, we're not talking about the temperature…. we're talking about the percentage of AHR nurses that are now active in the "Celebrate Life" Wellness Program. In 2008, when the wellness program was introduced, 12% of AHR's nurses registered and entered the program. In 2009, those numbers rose to 21% as we added the "Health Diet" option plans for our nurses.
- In 2008, when the wellness program was introduced, 12% of AHR’s nurses registered and entered the program.
- In 2009, those numbers rose to 21% as we added the “Health Diet” option plans for our nurses.
- In 2010, we went to our now paperless monitoring system and rolled out “Healthy Nurse, Happy Nurse”. All of our current monitors were put in place and we entered over 51% of our nurses but more astoundingly we also entered an average of 0.6 family members/ per nurse into the program as well.
- “Healthy Snacks and Bonuses” in 2011 again saw our numbers rise to just under 70% of our nurses in the program.
- Our monthly recognition rewards program has bolstered our enrollment to an astounding 84% with an average rise of 1.2 family members/ per nurse participating in the program.